Logged-in users can now find the newest version 1.1 of ASOMmini on our Download page. To update your copy of the software, download the ASOMmini installer and run it.
The following changes were made:
- Forces: New element “Energy storage” for the simulation of tension springs, compression springs and gas springs.
- Forces: New element “Torque” for the simulation of torques.
- Forces: New element “Manual force” for measuring manual forces.
- Forces: Explicit force connection points allow for easy reconnection of force elements.
- Import/Export: DXF drawings can be imported and connected to links.
- Import/Export: Load functions of force elements can be imported and exported in TSV format.
- Import/Export: Diagrams can be exported in TSV format.
- Analysis: Direction of movement, instantaneous center of rotation, fixed centrode and moving centrode can be displayed.
- Analysis: Measurement tools “Vector” and “Angle” are available for measuring distances and angles.
- Kinematics: Prismatic joints can now optionally derive their position and/or direction from existing revolute joints.
- Display: Visibility of elements/names can be controlled individually by “hide” and “show”.
- Various corrections and improvements.